The process at The Latvian arbitration court is easier and faster than at the state court
The Latvian arbitration court was founded in 2003, in 2005 it was registered in the arbitration court register of the Republic of Latvia with the registration No. 40003754139. The arbitrators of the Latvian arbitration court are sworn advocates, teaching staff of the higher education institutions, lawyers, economists, which have great experience in their profession and good reputation.
The Latvian arbitration court is a non-state, independent institution that acts permanently and has the right to settle the disputes between legal and natural persons irrespective of their location within or outside the Republic of Latvia.
The resolution of the disputes at the Latvian arbitration court is conducted in accordance with its rules of regulation, if the parties have not agreed on a different procedure of the resolution of the dispute, as well as observing the provisions of the part D of the Civil Law of Procedure of the Republic of Latvia.
Any civil dispute may be resolved at the Latvian arbitration court , unless the dispute is not under the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and if the parties have agreed on referring the dispute for resolution to the Latvian arbitration court in written.
- The case is appointed for the first consideration not later than
15—20days from the day of issuing the case to the Latvian arbitration court.
- The process is easier and faster than at the state
- The rules of the procedure of the Latvian arbitration court prescribes the recovery of the expenses for legal assistance in the case up to 20% of the sum of the claim from the party who loses the process.
- It is possible to ask the Executive Board of the Latvian arbitration court in a particular case to reduce the expenses of the process or relieve from them at all.
- It is possible to receive consultations about the consideration of the dispute at the Latvian arbitration court from the employees of the Latvian arbitration court.
- It is possible for your company’s employee to become an arbitrator of the Latvian arbitration court.
The employees and arbitrators of the Latvian arbitration court collaborate with the Latvian institute of arbitration by providing consultations and participating in the arranged meetings and discussions, in order to promote improvements to the level of education of the arbitrators and to encourage the exchange of the experience.